What is so inherent about your organization that makes it invulnerable to environment forces when you talk about examples of core values? What is the essence of your existence? What do you offer and how customers perceive you as an entity? These and many other questions necessitate the need of core values for any organization. Values are from the core of the company’s soul that helps it prosper and build a culture. They drive the vary existence and remains same across all in an organization. They promote a feeling of oneness and help company steer their resources in a single direction. It is the spirit that drives the company irrespective of its nature and size and helps it sail through tough and difficult situations. Core Values provide answer to tough questions and act as light in situations of conflict.
These core values make a logical sense even for individuals in their pursuit of happy and successful life. In my last post I talked about Professional values and ethics as source of career success. While last post highlighted the importance, in this article the focus is more on examples and what they mean in real. In life the existence of core values is must for a direction. These are values that help you grow and give a balance.
I started this year with 3 core values for my blog Quality, Commitment, and Consistency. I have targets in mind and the only thing I know can help me achieve those is my core values.
Let’s start with 20 examples of core values with brief description of each. This would be followed by examples of Business Core Values of Top companies that influence our online existence.
1. Accountability- Responsibility of our actions that influence the lives of our customers and fellow workers. More on Accountability
2. Balance- Maintaining Healthy life and work balance for workers. More on Work Life Balance
3. Collaboration-Collaborating within and outside the company to give the best. More on Collaboration.
4. Commitment-Commitment to roll great product, service and other initiatives that impact lives both within and outside the organization. Read more on Commitment
5. Community- A sense of responsibility and contribution to society that define our existence. Read more on Community
6. Consistency-Be consistent in offering the best for wonderful experience. Read more on Consistency.
7. Diversity- Respecting the diversity and giving the best of the composition. Read more on Diversity.
8. Efficiency- Being efficient and effective in our approach to give best solution each time. Read More on Efficiency.
9. Empowerment- Empowering the employees to take initiative and give the best. Read more on Empowerment.
10. Fun- Having fun and celebrating small successes in our journey to achieve big. Read more on Fun.
11. Innovation- To come out with new creative ideas that have the potential to change the world. Read more on Innovation.
12. Integrity-To act with honesty and integrity without compromising the truth. Read more on Integrity.
13. Leadership- The courage to lead from front and shape future. Read more on Leadership.
14. Ownership- Taking ownership of the company and customer success. Read more on ownership.
15. Passion-Putting the heart and mind in the work to get the best. Read more on Passion.
16. Quality-Giving the best and unmatched results for all round satisfaction. Read more on Quality.
17. Respect-Giving due respect to self and others and maintain the environment of team work and growth. Read more on Respect.
18. Risk Taking- Encouraging self and others to take risk for a bright future. Read more on Risk.
19. Safety- Ensuring the safety of people and making sure to give them trouble free experience. Read More on Safety.
20. Service Excellence- Giving the best and world class service and achieving excellence each passing day. Read more on Service Excellence
It is important to instigate right core values in yourself and in your organization for rocking results. The examples of core values above would act as starting point in your journey for excellence. Analyze which value is more pertinent with respect to your organization and define your literature to build a world class culture. Build a Rocking World.
Photo Credit- Orangeacid