Answers, Answers, Answers that is all we have looked for in all these years of our life. Right from childhood to passing out from professional courses, we have always been inclined to look for answers. This habit has got so much mixed in our blood that we always look to find answers in our life. Relationships, jobs, love, hate, office, shopping or any other place you can think of, Answers is what we look forward to for any question that pops up in our mind. The buck doesn’t stops here; we keep on harping from one situation to another, from one scenario to another just to find answers to something which at times has no real answer at all. Life changes its course at every moment and nothing remains as constant as our ability to find answers. Frankly, don’t you ever get fed up? I bet not because you won’t be having a simplest of idea that this can happen to you. No human being ever thinks that anything worse can happen to them just because they are impermeable. Bit this is not the truth. The mindset from years gets developed in a manner that it takes a herculean effort to change it even at the basic level. However this is till the time you don’t know the difference, and if you do than there is no stopping. Yes, there is no stopping when the animal inside you is out for a kill.
So what exactly is this habit and why I am making such a fuss around it. Let’s start from base level with some generic examples
Unsuccessful in love, what you have always done
1) Looked for answer of rejection
2) Always asked for the reason
3) Looked for ways to get back your love
Even in Job or your Career, when you are not rocking you always
1) Look for answers to stagnation
2) Always look for excuses as to why you have not made as good progress as your peers
3) Always waited for golden moment in all these years
The main point here is that
The question do pops up in your mind, Why you or what if? And then you look for answers
1) what if I don’t pass in test- You think this and then you imagine scenarios and start to look for answers to each scenario
2) What if I get fired tomorrow- You think this and then you imagine scenarios and start to look for answers to each scenario
Many times you look for answers to small situations the outcome of which is beyond your control
1) I would get good raise because I have done hard work, my project was hit etc etc etc
2) My boss is angry maybe because…………..
The story continues, you = always on a hunt for answers
Have you ever thought that situation would have been different had you asked yourself questions rather than answers.
Yes “Ask a Question” – that could make huge difference
When Unsuccessful in love
1) Ask yourself is this the end?
2) Ask yourself if you did your best?
3) Ask yourself do you owe to people who love you rather than whom do you love?
When you face problems in Job
1) Ask yourself what you could have done better
2) Ask yourself do you have plan B?
3) Ask yourself how you can crack the trend
In similar scenario
1) Ask yourself- why you failed and if this path is for you?
2) Ask yourself- I can get fired any moment no matter how good I am, Do I want to live in this fear always
3) Ask yourself- Does good raise satisfies your hunger, if not than what satisfies it
4) Ask yourself- What if boss is angry, Am I gonna live according to whims and fancies of others
The only difference in asking such questions is that
1) You look far
2) You look beyond
3) You highlight real issues
1) Go to core
2) Look at bigger picture
3) Think of something concrete
Yes, In life, Sometimes it is better to Ask A Question.
Yes, In life, Sometime it is better to look at mirror
If that does not make you Uncomfortable, You have a real Problem in hand.
Additonal Places to Supplement Your Reading