Everyone knows that men have a special relationship with their car. Some mane will actually develop emotions towards...
Everyone knows that men have a special relationship with their car. Some mane will actually develop emotions towards their car and will go to absurd lengths to keep it always bright an shinny. And it has become a real status symbol, so that you will be able to tell a lot about a man just by finding out what kind of car he drives. But of course looks aren't everything. You shouldn't neglect how your car looks but you shouldn't go overboard with it, polishing it twice a day or something like that. Instead there are a few very important steps you should always take in regards to the maintenance of your car. So in order for it to remain in top shape you need to establish a car maintenance list which you should always follow. I have done such a list and now I want to share it with you through this article. If you feel that there's anything else to be added to it than please don't hesitate to share your thoughts by using the comment section which you can find at the bottom of the page. I am always looking for more tips and tricks regarding car maintenance. So here is with what I came up with so far:
1. The fuel filter. One of the first things that should be on your car maintenance list is the fuel filter. To me it is quite astonishing to see how many people overlook this element. It is very important to notice when the fuel filter has been worn out otherwise the overall performances of your car will surely drop. It makes sense if you stop to think about it that the fuel filter will get too dirty to function properly quite often relatively speaking. So I would always recommend taking your car in to the mechanic in order to change the filter. Some people insist on doing it themselves but when you are dealing with a pressurized unit it is very easy to get it wrong, so I recommend leaving it up to the experts.
2. Spark plugs. Any internal combustion engine will need spark plugs to "light their fire: as it were. So you can imagine the amount of work a sparkplug needs to do during its lifetime. Advancements in technology have made changing the spark plugs something that happens much rarer than it used to. But still it is very important to keep an eye on these very important elements of the car. Although some systems are quite simple and it seems as though it will be a straight forward job, I would still recommend you taking it to an expert even for a simple job of changing the spark plugs.
3. Air filter. We've established that the fuel filter is very important for your car, but another thing that should find its way onto your car maintenance list is changing the air filter. You can think of your car as a person. So now try to breath while you are keeping your hand over your mouth. That is something similar to what your car would feel. It is hard to ask high performances of a car, if you don't even manage to change the air filter once in a while.
4. Engine belts. If you stop to think about it, one of the most obvious things that can wear down in time are those moving parts that have to transmit energy from one place to another. Such parts are the engine belts. Although they are very rough, the belts can often wear out as time passes. So think about replacing them once in a while.
5. Coolant. Maybe many people don't know this but the coolant in your radiator acts on three different fronts. It is at the same time, an antifreeze that will avoid horrible damage during the cold season, it acts as a coolant but also as an anticorrosive that keeps the ducts clean. Considering all these tasks you should make sure you change it once in a while.
6. Tires. I'm sure that if you are a real car enthusiast you know how much of a difference good tires can make regarding the performances of your car. So make sure tires are on your car maintenance list.
7. Breaks. And last but not least are the breaks. The breaks are so important simply because of their function. Just imagine what could happen if your breaks were to suddenly fail you. This is why they should be your number one priority.
There should be even more points you would need to make sure you tick on your car maintenance list. But today I've decided to focus on just what I consider to be the most important. I hope it has brought some insight into the problems your car usually faces.