Many people refuse to believe they have a bad temper. I think that this is a much commoner problem than people think. It is not something that should be considered normal, especially in men, and I believe there are many ways through which this problem can be cured. Here, you will find a list of the most valuable tips I have seen work in extreme cases of bad temper. I believe we should all try to follow at least some of them in order not to get overstressed, which is usually the main cause for a bad temper. I am not saying that these tips are a fool proof way of getting rid of your bad temper, but I am sure they can help, and there is definitely no harm in trying them out.
1. Meditate. Many people associate this word, or this action of meditation with something mystic or religious. I am not talking about anything spiritual when I am using the word. I believe that meditation is something anyone can do and it is essential for almost any healthy individual whether they are aware of it or not. What I aim to say through meditation is the fact that you are alone with your thoughts. No other distractions, no outside factor that can interrupt you. This state is very personal and some may achieve it only in nature, others only alone at home, others only listening to relaxing music. However you achieve it, I believe that meditation is at the cornerstone of a stress free life, and a great cure for bad temper.
2. Read. I believe that another great way to relax and get rid of some of the causes for bad temper is to read. If you have some spare time, don’t use it watching TV. All the shows you see are usually contain a lot of visual and additive stimuli, so even if you think you are getting some rest; your brain is still in overdrive. Reading will help your brain relax, and it will make you stop thinking about your problems for a while. This will enable you to find new solutions to any problem you have, and thus will relieve your stress.
3. Get some exercise done. Another great way to loosen yourself up a try to keep your bad temper in line is through exercise. I believe that bad temper is caused to some extent by lots of stored energy. You should find a way to release that energy every day and the best way to do so is through exercise.
4. Get all the rest you need. Being tired will exacerbate any symptom of bad temper that you may have. So in order to eliminate this factor, try to get the rest you need every single day. Six hours a day should be fine, and no matter how busy you are, you must always put this away for your rest.
5. Eat healthy. I am a strong believer in the fact that the only way to have a healthy mind is by heaving a healthy body. And of course, the first step towards a healthy body is by keeping track of what you eat. I am not going to get into a big rant about what to eat and what not to eat, because that will mean that we will be here all day. But you should make sure that you have a very diverse diet that contains every type of food and that you don’t have too much or too little of anything.
6. Set small and immediate goals. A good way to cure bad temper is to start feeling better about yourself. The best advice I could give you in this aspect is to set small and achievable goals for yourself every day. If you aim only for the big things you will become frustrated. Try to get at least one or two things done every day, no matter how insignificant they appear, and it will make a world of a difference.
7. Get a hobby. Another great way to try to come to terms with your bad temper is to get a hobby. This will get your mind away from other stressful activities, and you will spend your time doing something you love and care about.
These are some of the most effective ways of dealing with bad temper that I have seen. Of course some will be more effective than others, and it mainly depends on the individual, but I am sure that anybody can find something useful in this article. I believe bad temper can be cured easily if you set your mind to it, as long as you make sure you know that any kind of progress takes a lot of time and perseverance. But I am sure that if you apply yourself, bad temper will be a thing of the past.